How Animal Emergency Care Works
We want only the best for the pets and people we serve. Whether you live in Lisle or any other western Chicago suburb, we’re open and ready for you when your regular veterinarian isn't. Our knowledgeable staff is available to advise you on your pet's treatment and care. When you call us we are able to help you determine if your pet needs to be seen. When in doubt, walk right in. Our highly skilled team of technicians and veterinarians will provide immediate triage care for urgent patients and work to get your pet seen as quickly as possible. Throughout your pet's visit we will keep you informed about treatment costs, how your pet is doing, and after-care instructions when they are discharged.
Walk in for Immediate Emergency Care
Since all of our services are designed for animal emergency care, we only accept walk-in patients at our hospital. Our most urgent patients receive immediate triage care. Hence, we’ll assess the severity of each pet’s condition upon arrival. Some things to note once you arrive include:
- Every patient receives a detailed evaluation as we determine their current condition along with the appropriate course for diagnosis and treatment.
- You will be kept informed of the testing and treatment recommendations that we make along with the estimated costs.
- Critical patients are stabilized and closely monitored. We are able to provide oxygen, fluid therapy, blood transfusions, and surgery as needed.
- Comprehensive pain management techniques are used to keep your pet pain free throughout their stay with us and afterward as well.
Keeping You Informed Every Step of the Way
From the moment you walk into our hospital, we want to ensure that you are kept informed about your pet’s condition. Ways we keep our clients fully informed include:
- Before we start a full course of treatment, we'll alert you to the cost of services.
- Our cost estimates include the price to treat your pet’s immediate condition and subsequent care at our hospital as well. If your pet needs to return to your regular veterinarian for additional care, we are not able to estimate the costs of these services.
- After any diagnostics, procedures, treatments, or surgery we will let you know the results as quickly as possible.
- If your patient is hospitalized with us, we always encourage you to call and check on their condition whenever you would like to.
- Following our care, we will send your pet’s full medical record, imaging, and lab work to your regular veterinarian. You will also be given a copy of this information for your records.
Please don’t hesitate to call us if you think your pet is having an emergency. We’re here for you and your pet when they need it the most. We want to strive to do whatever we can to make a difficult situation like a pet emergency as comfortable and manageable as possible for you and your pet.